Let’s talk about being left-handed for a moment. Here are 25 proven left-handed facts that I found interesting, including the bizarre and the funny.
I was surprised to learn that a scientist believed left-handed people are more independent because they have to adapt to a world designed for right-handed people.
These are some more interesting facts about left-handed people!
Proven Facts About Left Handed
- Famous left-handed people include Napoleon, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein, Newton, Bill Gates, Oprah, Obama, and Jimi Hendrix.
- 40% of schizophrenics are left-handed, despite being only 10% of the world’s population.
- Since 1996, every August 13th is “Left-Handers Day”.
- Left-handed people chew on their right side, while right-handed people chew on their left.
- More than 2.5K left-handed people are killed every year by using equipmentmeant for right-handed people.
- A study has shown that left-handed have higher IQs than right-handed,
- Many studies show that left-handedness is more common in preterm babies.
- Homosexuals have 39% higher chances of being left-handed.
- Because of the way the safety pin was placed, left-handed soldiers can prepare to throw grenades upside-down.
- A study revealed that Inherited Genes only account for 25% of the Left-handed chance.
- A study revealed that left-handed individuals are more affected by post-traumatic stress than those who are right-handed.
- A study has shown that Left-handed people earn more than right-handed people.
- Left-handed people process things quicker than righties when playing computer games or sports.
- Left-handed people process multiple stimuli faster than righties.
- Left-handed individuals have greater cognitive flexibility and can quickly switch between two concepts. About 17% of twins are left-handed. This is compared to 10% for the non-twins.
- Kangaroos are almost always left-handed.
- Study results showed that right-handed people have better oral hygiene. This is due to their higher manual dexterity, brush efficiency, and better oral hygiene.
- Scientists often leave out left-handed people because their brains work differently.
Also, have a look at 11 Best Facts About Poland