“Growing as a child, I was always aspired to become in the ninja tradition. Although I practised Chinese Kung Fu, I’ve always wanted to become this secret Samurai or an Indian in martial arts. Ninjas are a type of character that appealed to me as a youngster. Of course, I would be climbing trees and other objects and engaging in mischief. It was good mischief. .”–Actor Ray Park (Darth Maul). But do you know Ninjas facts like Ninjas were family oriented!!
Due to films about martial arts and the stories of legends and (most precisely) the 15th-17th century of feudal Japan, Ninjas have been an integral element of pop culture. Ninjas were utilized in unorthodox or guerrilla warfare, which was viewed as derogatory from those in the Samurai group, which believed that the ninjas violated widely accepted rules of honourable warfare.
Other Ninjas facts include that the Ninja of today has captured the attention of many due to their stealth, their masterful martial arts skills, as well as their apparent indestructibility. Are ninjas exactly are they really about? The mysterious past of the Ninja is still alive. We have seen so many anime featuring Ninjas!!
A lot of people believed that ninjas were normal people. Many believed that they could fly and possess extraordinary abilities. Ninja was present throughout Japan However, Ninja was only trained as special people around the start of the 15th century. They were mostly learned in regions in the regions of Iga as well as Koga. Read more amazing Ninjas Facts below!!
Unbelievable Ninjas Facts
- Ninja was actively involved in samurai warfare and were commissioned by Samurai to carry out various missions; however, in the same way, Samurai did not consider them noble warriors as the majority of the Ninja were of lower classes of society.
- Ninjas were dangerous and uncontrollable. Their fighting methods didn’t conform to the code of Samurai. The code of Samurai was a code of honor.
- The art of fighting ninjas was handed through the generations of fathers to sons and from the teacher (sensei) and their most skilled students. However, in the middle of the seventeenth century, the Nakagawa created an academy for ninjas within the Mutsu Province. The school was called Nakagawa-ryu. It taught the ninjutsu way of fighting. Nakagawa Sosuntzin himself was a trainer for the group of 10 men, whom he named Hayamiti-nimono (men who were short-hit).
- Ninjas were taught a lot more than Samurai. They needed to be proficient in handling spears, swords, bows, and other weapons. They also needed to be knowledgeable about poisonous and explosive substances, be a great pathfinder and survive in various circumstances.
- They were usually trained from an early age and required to maintain a certain physical form. Ninja wasn’t allowed to be light or heavy. Ninjas who were able to write and read were greatly loved.
- It is generally believed that a ninja typically dressed in black, which allowed them to conceal in darkness. However, they were also seen wearing dark red, blue, or brown clothing quieter than black in the night.
Facts About Ninjas That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- One female Ninja was one of the most deadly to ever live. Many men were killed because they did not realize the women who ended up being the ninjas. Female ninjas, known as Kunoichi, were the most effective in acquiring information and killings.
- Ninjas typically use disguises to blend in with the locals to get information or carry out assassinations.
- Ninjas were required to study more than combative skills. They were required to study various industries, poisons, explosives, survival techniques, and many more.
- Unique or surprising weapons were another characteristic of the legendary Ninja. They would dip their caltrops in poison, use sharpening hair ornaments, or modify common objects to look harmless but be prepared to kill.
- Ninjas were family-oriented. Every clan or family was able to develop their methods of killing and stealth and kept them from the outside world. The techniques were then passed down to the next generation within the clan.
- Ninjas were ridiculed in their day. A lot of modern films and shows choose to portray ninjas as noble Warriors. In the time of ninjas, they were notoriously deceitful, and Samurai believed they were amoral.
- Ninjas were initially identified as “Shinobi”. The word “Ninja” was not used until the 20th century.
- Ninjas were not usually employed to kill. In some instances, the ninjas were employed to collect and analyze details or to disrupt the operations of a rival or enemy.
- The weapons that ninjas used were usually smaller. Films and TV shows frequently depict ninjas using massive weapons or swords, but the truth is that they had to conceal themselves, or their weapons were limited to weapons that could be kept in a safe place.
- Many clans and groups have created a ranking system for their Ninjas. The join was considered the highest category, Chunin middle-class Genin was the middle class, Genin was the lowest class.
- You are now aware of the secrets and lives Ninjas have to work hard to hide.
Amazing Facts About Ninjas
1. Ninjas Were Called Shinobi
Documents from the past reveal that ninjas were known as Shinobi no Mono, frequently shortened to Shinobi. The first document of this kind was written in 1375. The term “ninja” is an on’yomi translation of the word Kanji.
2. Ninjas Didn’t Just Fight
Ninjas were hired to complete many different tasks, from surveillance and spying to arson and raids. They would do whatever it took to make their enemies fearful, as well as psychological warfare. The greater their arsenal of abilities, the more easily they were able to infiltrate the enemy line.
3. Female Ninjas Had Unique Weapons
Often referred to as female ninjas, Kunoichi frequently used whatever they had available at their disposal as weapons. One instance of this was their elaborate hairpins, also known as Kanzashi, which could be sharpened to an edge or dip in poison. Also, they used the Neko-te (a reference to cat hands) nail accessories that functioned like claws made of iron.
4. Ninja Skills Documented in Manuals
Ninjas were active during the 16th and 15th centuries (when Japan was fighting wars across the country). There aren’t many records from that time. The majority of what’s written about ninjas is from peacetime during the early 17th century. Many of the documents are the result of manuals written by ninjas, which describe the skills of ninjas. The most well-known of these guides is called the Bansenshukai. There are believed to be hundreds of other manuals, but many of them remain hidden to this day.
5. Modern Ninjutsu is Nothing Like the Medieval Form
The modern ninjutsu schools were created from the 1950s until the 1980s. They appear to do not have any basis in the way that ninjas trained.
6. The Common Image of a Ninja is Inaccurate
A lot of the characteristics that are associated with ninjas do not exist. For example, ninjas seldom utilized throwing stars. They were, in reality, an essential weapon for the Samurai. In the same way, long swords were a samurai, not a weapon of ninjas since ninjas required smaller arms that were simple to conceal. Also, ninjas could not wear uniforms. They needed to be able to mix in with and appear just like the rest of us. While they did often wear black, some records show they no one wore masks.
7. Samurai and Ninjas Often Worked Together
Samurai were not the adversaries of the Ninjas. Ninjas and Samurai frequently worked together. Ninjas’ enemies were the people they were recruited to kill, but the individual ninjas did not have any loyalty to any one side.
It can be difficult to discern fact from fiction, especially when Ninjas were based on exaggerated stories regarding their capabilities. This is a major reason why myths about ninjas persist even today. Another factor can be the popular media, which tends to depict ninjas in a not historical reality manner.
Ninjas have been known for centuries as masters of shadows and deceit. They can stealthily enter the darkest of places; they’ve been recognized for their skill and skilled application of martial art and weapons. We’ve watched films and read about their abilities and skills to blend into the darkness and fight their enemies with accuracy. What if we were incorrect about their abilities?