ITIL, better known as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a structural framework for managing IT services worldwide. ITIL is the combination of best practices in IT service management. It provides a convenient working model and processes during designing, developing and supporting IT services. IT activities or IT services help deliver business values to a company’s customers, users and stakeholders.
By following the ITIL structure, companies ensure that their services or products are delivered to their consumers consistently and boost consumer satisfaction. More benefits of ITIL include establishing a strong connection between the IT management and the business, reduced cost of service deployment and development, high customer satisfaction with timely service delivery, increase in productivity from IT professionals, quality improvements in services, better management of services with metrics and analysis and improved flexibility in adapting services and business requirements.
Also Read: Summer of Adventure |Ruins Facts!
ITIL Certification Guide & Overview
Thousands of ITIL Accredited Training Organisations have been established to provide training and certification. The certifications are provided after completing a training course or directly by an Examination Institute associated with accredited training organizations.
ITIL certification in Pune offers certifications in five different levels;
It should be known that ITIL uses a credit system from the foundation level to the Expert level, in which each certification is associated with a certain number of credits. A candidate needs to have 22 credit points to get ITIL expert certification.
Also Read: Is B.Tech in Computer Science worth opting for? Facts About Computer Science
Insights to ITIL Framework
ITIL framework was first created by the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, the U.K, in the 1980s to adopt best IT service practices in government agencies.
However, ITIL has been revised and enlarged into a comprehensive framework to manage IT service delivery in various organizations and companies of all sizes across all market sectors and industries.
IT has become an important service for companies that depend on complex computer resources to manage and operate their businesses and generate revenue. ITIL enable companies to adopt and implement a repeatable and documented process to stay focused on the minute and large details involved in carrying forward new IT services and managing them in future.
The ITIL service lifecycle has five practice areas with basic principles, processes and policies.
Also Read: Smart Sweets Nutrition Facts
● Service design: This phase covers the analysis of business management processes such as capacity, availability and service level. It develops new and existing offerings.
● Service Strategy: This area focuses on defining IT services as strategic assets, which help maintain and implement a strong business strategy. Service strategy principles are associated with corporate governance, business process, etc.
● Service operation: This phase deals with managing services once they’re used in production. It manages service operation processes, including event management, helpdesk support, access management and incident response.
● Service transition: This phase includes service development to production operations, including quality control and testing.
● Continuous service improvement: This phase highlights improvement in the existing ITIL phases based on service level and operational feedback. It helps to ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed properly.
Level 1- ITIL Foundation
The ITIL Foundation Certification covers the basic information of ITIL. Most newbies can start learning about ITIL and get certified at this level. This certification requires no pre-requisites to enrol. Anyone interested in the subject can get training and sit for the exam. Candidates can join an online training platform or self-prepare for the exam. There is no rule to complete the training program before appearing for the exam.
Leve2- ITIL Practitioner
The ITIL Practitioner certification is based on getting practical knowledge of ITIL processes and how they are used in the actual world. A certified ITIL practitioner can explain how to use the ITIL structure to operate and manage them smoothly. Further, ITIL practitioners focus on organizational changes in management, measurements, communications and metrics to reach the desired goal. Candidates can appear for the certification after clearing the foundation exam.
Level 3- ITIL Intermediate
At ITIL Intermediate level, each training module focuses on a different aspect of IT service management. The modules are characterized as Service Lifecycle and Service Capability.
Candidates are recommended to have at least two years of experience in the IT management field to understand this course better. Further, they need to complete a training course provided by the Accredited Training Organisations before appearing in the exam.
Level 4- ITIL Expert
The ITIL Expert certification covers the depth of ITIL practises and processes across ITIL disciplines. An ITIL Expert certification is required to fetch the ITIL Master certification. A candidate must have at least 17 credits from the foundation, intermediate and practitioner modules to qualify for the expert certification. Moreover, he must also pass the Managing Across the Lifecycle exam (MALC) with 22 credits.
Level 5- ITIL Master
The ITIL Master Certification involves a deep understanding of the ITIL framework covered in the Foundation to Expert modules. The ITIL Master shows mastery in ITIL by;
● Submitting a service proposal for improvement.
● Submitting a work package demonstrating the ability to apply the best ITIL practices in the business world.
● Completing an interview with ITIL professional panel.
Why go for ITIL Certifications?
Here are some good reasons for choosing ITIL Certifications.
● Globally recognized qualification- ITIL certification sets a global benchmark for acquiring qualifications in service management. Many leading service providers ask for ITIL certifications as prerequisites for hiring ITIL experts. Hence, the certification can boost an individual’s career at the international level.
● Helps to launch a proactive culture- ITIL training and workshops build confidence to introduce new ways to improve customer satisfaction. The training aids to focus better on the users’ experience and customers’ expectations. The ITIL framework’s acquired expertise helps improve service quality by creating a proactive culture in an organization.
● Build a smart approach to handle business issues- An ITIL certification can help build a smart approach to deal with any business issue in the company using limited resources.
● Familiarize with standard language and ITIL processes- Many service managers apply advanced service management methodologies to achieve business goals without even knowing the basic terminology of the processes. The ITIL certification training can help understand the best service management practices and language used globally.
|Trademark compliance is required for all certifications (we have provided the list of courses with trademarks); please ensure this is used
|Do the certification names have trademarks?
|When talking about KH, refer to it in third-person
|Is KnowledgeHut mentioned in third person?
|When quoting statistics of any kind, mention its source too
|Are sources cited wherever statistics are included?
|Ensure headings and content are related to the subject being discussed
|Is there a clear flow of content across the blog?
|Open the blog with an introduction
|Is there an introductory paragraph?
|Finish the blog with a closing paragraph
|Is there a closing paragraph?
|Keep main and all subheadings in title case
|Are all headings in title case?
|Ensure all sentences are grammatically correct
|Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
|Ensure that all information provided is accurate
|Is all the information provided accurate?